The answer to each of these 40
Printer's Devilry clues is the name of a fruit.
If you don't know how Printer's Devilry clues work, read
all about it.
- If you’re thinking of moving into an old house, my advice is “Look before you lease!”
- In India they charge snakes with musical trickery.
- By heading straight for Lowestoft beach, the robber made the coast.
- The sow hoped to reach her hog before nightfall.
- Whatever the regent does, make a profit.
- I must pay off the loans. Harsh interest rates were not always so high.
- It was a wonderful Balt, a man from Riga, who wanted to take me home to Latvia.
- The table-tennis champion will be a ping tonight.
- Tweedledum said he’d hidden the rattle in the jar, said Tweedledee.
- Rising from the mists in the eerie caverns, a frightful odour – attention!
- My darling, I cannot keep all my hearth alive to you.
- The freight company sped coal to Tyneside.
- A common arson is seldom found at the Taj Mahal.
- Tonight I am wearing my slim dressing for warmth.
- We can see in the design of the airship with the extractor fan.
- Consider the effect of that McEnroe bravery – true American heart!
- The hug to associate with bears is a strong and fearless one.
- You doing joints after a triathlon can hardly be surprising.
- As I left the casino for my hotel room I was offered a dice; cup of cocoa was what I wanted.
- Every item of her clothing had a clear identification mark: “Cynthia Manners-Price, Strip-o-Gram”.
- Look at the goddess in the beautiful woollen cloak. Isn’t that Hera?
- That fireplace is supposed to be as aid, my father.
- The sports master wanted to publish a school magazine at the parents’ expense, but he couldn’t make any one sprinter.
- Hog ate date ton as we boys grew weary of school food.
- I know you’re going to the disco, but do you have to wear those really heinous trousers?
- Councillors shunted by vice scandal.
- After the moonshine, Panama hat hijack is less appealing.
- “Don’t spend all that money on prisons, David Campbell!” wailed miser. Abrupt, he left by demolishing some.
- Holmes composed a violin piece: “The Mystery of the Red Sea”. Sing to excite him!
- You must remember the knife – very Arabian, you see – is to welcome you as a brother in Islam.
- I’d heard so much about Alvaro Mendoza the football coach that while in Central America I simply had to see the man – and Al’s team.
- Despite having a figure like a large – hi, Pa! – shop, which was popular with slimmers, she was a real character, my Aunt Margaret.
- The boat with the lateen sailed down the river towards Yarmouth.
- And behold, as he poured the water into the glass, each of them saw that it had turned to wine.
- The ship’s dog was a dark and noisy Labrador, and the sea was rough. I couldn’t sleep with that pitching all night.
- Tonight on the South Bank Show we examine the work of Pablo Hernandez – a curt critic, an enigmatic playwright, and a major figure in the cultural life of his country.
- Bees found, according to research by some Austrian (Mendel), “weiss” flowers more easily than coloured flowers.
- The exact centre of our pub is to be determined by the official baiter.
- Switzerland and Holland, countries as different as chalk and cheese, are both celebrating the Emmentaler centenary this year.
- Since she was Irish, I gave the thirsty mare whiskey.
Back to home page.
This page last updated 07/04/2004